About Jason Krasno
Jason Krasno is the senior partner and CEO of Krasno Krasno & Onwudinjo. Since 1936, the Krasno family has led the charge in representing injured and disabled workers in Pennsylvania. Jason takes great pride in carrying on this tradition that runs three generations deep.
In 1999, Jason was hired as a general litigator and worked in a variety of fields including criminal, civil, and domestic law. It only took a year for him to realize his calling was in workers’ compensation law. Jason has litigated cases across the state and is familiar with the judicial process in every county.
Presently, Jason runs the firm from Philadelphia, which is one of its two main office locations, the other being Pottsville.
Raised in the Coal Region of Pennsylvania and getting his college degree in a town built on the Steel Industry, Jason understands the plight of the injured worker and those individuals who become totally disabled. He applies this understanding and compassion to his practice where he has represented thousands of injured workers over his career.
As a workers’ compensation lawyer, Jason has won tens of millions of dollars for his clients. This looks good on paper, but it is the bond he forms with each of his clients that gives him real satisfaction. You will not find Jason sitting behind his desk; he is in court every day, because that is where the lawyers at Krasno Krasno & Onwudinjo belong.
In 2014, Jason was recognized as The Nations Top 100 Injured Workers’ Attorneys. He has also been recognized by Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers since 2006. In 2015, Jason and his father, Lester, were proud to have their family’s firm recognized by Best Law Firms as having the Preeminent Workers’ Compensation Firm in Pennsylvania. Jason believes these awards are a reflection of the knowledge handed down to each lawyer and staff member over the past 80+ years. It is a team effort at Krasno Krasno & Onwudinjo, so everyone deserves credits for the accomplishments bestowed on the lawyers and the firm.
Jason is a dedicated father to his son Benjamin, who wants to depart from the tradition of being a lawyer and focus his skills on being a professional baseball player. It is Benjamin that grounds Jason and reminds him that family is more important than anything in life. Jason travels with Benjamin and coaches his sports teams. They are best friends, just like Jason and his father Lester. This family bond applies to everyone at Krasno Krasno & Onwudinjo.
At Krasno Krasno & Onwudinjo, you are treated like a family member the minute you call us and speak with one of our lawyers. Jason would not have it any other way.
- 100% Of Practice Devoted To Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- New Jersey, 1999
- U.S. District Court Middle District Of Pennsylvania, 2001
Honors & Awards
- “Best Lawyer In America” (2009 – Present) – The Best Lawyers In America
- “Lawyer Of The Year In Workers’ Compensation” (2016) – Best Lawyers In America
- Martha Hampton Award Winner (2016) – Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (2007 – Present) – Super Lawyers
- “Top 100 Workers’ Compensation Lawyers In Philadelphia” (2015 – Present) – Super Lawyers
Year Joined Firm
- J.D. – Villanova University School Of Law (Villanova, PA)
- B.A. – Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA)
- Major: History & Political Science
- Minor: Anthropology
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer For The Philadelphia Bar Association And Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Consultant For Foreign Government On Workers’ Compensation Law
- Speaker, Tough Problems In Workers’ Compensation Law, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Speaker, 9th Annual PA & NJ, I.A.R.P. Conference At The Tropicana Hotel And Casino (June 2008)
- Presenter For ESL Strategic Alliance CLE, The Basic Workers Compensation Case (April 24, 2009 – Present)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association (PBA)
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (PTLA)
- Pennsylvania Association For Justice (PAJ)
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG)
Pro Bono Activities
- 20 Years Of Pro Bono Service For Injured Workers
Prior Legal Work Experience
- Children And Youth Court Public Defender (1999-2000, Schuykill County, PA)