A Foundation Of Legal Support For Builders
Carpenters are frequently engaged in some of the most essential and most hazardous work activities in the construction industry. Without the skilled work of carpenters, most buildings could not get off the ground. Materials such as stone, brick, concrete and stucco are typically installed after wood framing is in place.
Krasno, Krasno & Onwudinjo has more than 70 years of experience representing injured carpenters in Pennsylvania. If you suffered a serious injury in a saw accident on the job in a woodworking occupation, you owe it to yourself to work with a highly experienced and accomplished law firm. Part of our job when we represent injured carpenters often consists of proving that our clients were, in fact, employees and should receive maximum available workers’ compensation benefits.
Sources Of Carpenters’ Injuries
Our Pennsylvania law firm works with clients who have suffered serious injuries in an isolated carpentry accident, as well as those who have suffered injuries from the repetitive use of equipment. Carpenters’ workplace activities lend themselves to injury from time to time. Examples of carpenters’ work duties that often lead to minor, serious or catastrophic injuries are:
Carpentry tools. We handle carpentry accident cases involving the repetitive stress involved in using certain tools as well as cases involving defective or dangerous tools, including injuries caused by air hammers, air saws, air chisels, screwdrivers, mechanical saws, jigsaws, drills, jackhammers and other on-the-job tools.
- Heavy machinery. Our firm has the experience and resources to fully investigate accidents involving heavy machinery or carpentry equipment, including injury claims involving forklift accidents, pay loader accidents, saw accidents, falls from high up work areas and other heavy equipment accidents.
- Faulty equipment. Our Philadelphia faulty scaffolding lawyers handle personal injury and workers’ compensation cases involving falls from ladders, scaffolding collapses, defective heavy equipment accidents and other accidents involving faulty equipment.
- OSHA violations. When proper safety equipment is not utilized, poor safety procedures are followed or other OSHA regulations are not followed on a construction site, the result can be catastrophic. We aggressively represent the rights of injured workers and their families in these situations.
When things go wrong, a carpenter work injury such as the following take their toll:
- Broken bones, spinal cord injuries and head injuries resulting from falls from heights
- Eye injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Injuries caused by excessive vibration
Fighting The Independent Contractor Defense
A common problem for workers seeking compensation after a carpentry injury comes about when employers claim that the carpenters are, in fact, independent contractors. Remember that just because your employer claims you are an independent contractor, rather than an employee, that does not necessarily make it so.
Did your employer tell you where to go and when, and tell you how to perform the work you did? Legal tests examining factors such as these can determine when a construction worker is an independent contractor. Evaluation of answers to such questions can help clarify when a carpenter is an employee, who is eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
You may be able to get lost wage benefits for your workers’ compensation injury depending on the severity of your case. If your injury has left you unable to return to work for a long/ short period of time, leaving you with a loss of income, you can receive these benefits if it fits your case more than the regular compensation benefits.
Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation
We are Philadelphia’s premier Workers’ Compensation law firm. You work hard, and we work even harder to protect them and get them the compensation you deserve after getting hurt on the job.
There is never a fee for advice or a consultation. Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we do not charge you a fee, until we win your case. Contact us today for a consultation.